SMB Mobile FAQs
Click on any section below to learn more about mobile banking from Southwest Missouri Bank.
Q. What is the mobile banking app?
A. The mobile banking app lets you access and manage your bank accounts, make transfers, pay bills, manage your debit cards, send P2P (Person to Person) payments, and make mobile deposits anytime, anywhere - right from your mobile device.
Q. Why should I use the mobile banking app?
A. The SMB Mobile app gives you the ultimate freedom and flexibility to keep up with your busy life. Enjoy the ability to:
- Make bill payments on the go. Add bill payees, make payments to companies and individuals, make P2P (Person to Person) payments via email, set payees as favorites, view and edit scheduled payments, and access your payment history.
- View account transactions anytime. Get an up-to-the-minute view of your accounts and transactions in real time.
- Make transfers when you need. You can securely move money between your accounts here at SMB as well as your accounts at other banks.
Q. How does it work?
A. The mobile banking app condenses your online banking experience into one simplified app that can be securely accessed anywhere from your mobile device. This provides you with real-time access to your accounts, bill pay, debit cards, and mobile deposit.
Q. Are there any fees to use the SMB Mobile app?
A: SMB Mobile is a free service for you to enjoy and have access to your accounts twenty-four hours a day. There are a few special services we offer that can be accessed within your mobile app that do include fees: Interbank Transfers and P2P Email Payments
Q. How will I know when updated versions of the app are available?
A. Once you download the app, you will be automatically notified by your app store of new versions when they become available.
Q: Can I change my password?
A: Yes, you can change your SMBonline password as often as you like, however, we will prompt you to change it at least once a year. Simply tap on Preferences in your mobile menu and select Change your login Password. Note: This changes your SMBonline NetTeller password, so you will need to use the new password when logging onto a desktop computer.
Q: What if I forget my SMBonline Password?
A: For security purposes, three consecutive invalid sign-on attempts will disable your SMBonline account. If you lock yourself out or you just don't remember your password you can use the Forgot link on the login page of your app. Using this option will require that you have a valid email address on file with us and have already created a personal question and answer.
Q: How does the Remember Me feature work?
A: Remember Me will only save your SMBonline ID and prefill it for future logins. Your SMBonline Password will still be needed each time you log in. When Remember Me is enabled, your ID will be masked so it cannot be discovered from the login screen. For example, it will appear similar to the following: dWi•••••
Q: What is Fingerprint Login?
A: Fingerprint login is a great option to keep your mobile app secure and to quickly access your information. If your device is fingerprint enabled and you have your fingerprint turned on, you may choose to use your fingerprint to authenticate you instead of entering your password each time. Only fingerprints entered into the device settings may unlock the app. We do not recommend using fingerprint login if you share your device.
Q: What happens if it no longer prompts me to log in with my fingerprint?
A: Your app may stop prompting you for your fingerprint at login for multiple reasons. Too many failed login attempts and app updates may require you to enter your ID and password for your protection. You may turn your fingerprint login back on by selecting Setup Touch ID Login on the app login page.
You may also choose Preferences from your mobile menu once you're logged in and turning your fingerprint feature back on. It will require you to enter your ID and password to ensure you are the one making this change.
Q: What do Current Balance and Available Balance mean on the transaction listing page?
A: The Current Balance is the amount that was in your account at the close of business the previous day. The Available Balance is the Current Balance plus any pending transactions and available overdraft protection you may have.
The balance listed on the My Accounts page is your balance including pending transactions and does not include any overdraft protection you may have.
Q: What if I cannot see all of the details of a transaction in my mobile app?
A: You may tap on a transaction to see more details.
Q: May I see images of the checks I've written in my mobile app?
A: Yes, there is a check symbol next to each check transaction indicating there is a check image available. Tap the transaction to view. All sensitive account information is masked.
Q: Can I view my statements in my mobile app?
A: You have access to text statements in your app. Choose Statements from your mobile menu, select the account you'd like to view, and tap the monthly statement you'd like to access. These are different than eStatements and do not include your account number or check images. You may print and email these statements from our app.
Q. How do I download the SMB Mobile app?
A. Select your app store to download your free app.
|iPad App||iPhone App||Android App|
Q. How do I start using my app?
A. Follow these simple steps:
- Touch the app icon on your home screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with your SMBonline NetTeller ID and password.
- You may enable the Remember Me function at login. Remember Me will save your SMBonline ID and prefill it for future logins. Your SMBonline Password will still be needed each time you log in.
- If your device is fingerprint enabled and you have your fingerprint turned on, your app will prompt you to use your fingerprint to sign in to your app. If you choose to take advantage of this feature, you can quickly and easily see and use your accounts using your fingerprint to authenticate. We do not recommend using fingerprint login if you share your device.
If you cannot remember your login information or the answer to your challenge question, please contact us for assistance via chat or at (800) 943-8488.
Q: Do I have to register to use the SMB Mobile app?
A: Yes. If you are an individual, you can enroll yourself by completing a simple online enrollment. This auto-enroll feature will give you immediate access to your accounts online. If you are a business, you can complete an application online and we will review the application and mail a letter with an SMBonline ID number and login information, usually the next business day. Of course, you can always stop by any of our locations and apply also.
Q. Are there any requirements to use the app?
A. In order to use the mobile banking app:
- You must be enrolled in online banking at Southwest Missouri Bank.
- You must have: Apple iPhone ® with iOS 9.0 or above or Android™ 4.1 or above.
Q: Can I choose which accounts I view within my app?
A: Yes. Log in to your app, from the My Accounts screen tap the pencil icon on the top right. Tap the eye icon to the left of each account to turn on/off visibility of the account in your main account list. Select Done (Android) or Save (iPhone) and you’re all set.
Q: Can I change the order of the accounts listed in my app?
A: Yes, log in to your app, from the My Accounts screen tap the pencil icon on the top right.Tap and hold down on an account you would like to reorder, then drag the account to the position you would like and lift your finger. Select Done (Android) or Save (iPhone) and you’re all set.
Q: May I pick another landing page to display when I sign in to my app?
A: Log into your app, tap Preferences in the navigation menu, and choose the preferred landing page from the Select Landing Page option.
Q: What is PowerPay?
A: PowerPay is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any business through your online banking account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment and which account you want to use. It's safe, secure and makes it easy to make payments.
Q: Who can I pay with PowerPay?
A: You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter or relative.
Q. How do I enroll in PowerPay?
A: Log in to your NetTeller account in a web browser and click on the PowerPay Bill Pay tab to enroll. After you have enrolled, you will be able to add payees and pay people from your SMB Mobile app.
Q. How do I add a business as a payee?
A. To add a business, simply:
- Select PowerPay from the menu
- In the Payees section, tap the + icon
- Select Business as the payee type
- Enter the required information. This information can be found on your bill statement.
Q. How do I add a person as a payee?
A. To add a Person2Person payee, simply:
- Select PowerPay from the menu
- In the Payees section, tap the + icon
- Select Person as the payee type
Next, choose your payment method:
- By Check – Provide the recipient's mailing address and a paper check will be mailed.
- By Email – Provide the recipient's email address and a secure password of your choosing. The recipient then logs in to a secure site using that password and provides the required account information. A payment is deposited electronically from your account into their account within 1-2 business days from them providing their account info. They will now be listed in your payee list and will receive an email notifying them of an incoming payment from you.
- Directly, I have their account information – Provide the recipient's bank routing number and deposit account information and a payment is sent electronically and deposited within 1-2 business days.
Q: How do I schedule a payment?
A. After you add a business or person as a payee, you can make a payment. To pay, simply:
- Select PowerPay from the menu
- In the Activity section, tap the + icon
- Select the payee you wish to pay
- Choose the account to use, enter payment amount, and select payment date
Q. How do I transfer money between accounts?
A. You can move money where you need it and when you need it with your SMB Mobile app. Simply:
- Select Transfer from the menu
- Select From and To accounts and enter transfer amount
- Select Transfer Date
- Tap Submit
Q. How do I transfer money between my accounts at another bank using my SMB Mobile app?
A: We make it easy to move your money electronically and offer a couple options.
- Interbank Transfer is a money movement tool that allows you to transfer funds to and from your SMB accounts and your accounts at other financial institutions. For details and information about getting started, visit our Interbank Transfers page.
- You may also send money to your accounts at another bank using Person2Person payments in PowerPay. For more information, refer to our PowerPay section above.
Q. What is Mobile Deposit?
A: Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit checks from your SMB Mobile App – anywhere in the United States. To make a deposit, simply take pictures of the front and back of an endorsed check. More details and information about getting started, visit our Mobile Deposit page.
Q. How do I freeze my debit card?
A: Choose Preferences from your mobile menu, select Manage Cards, and tap on the debit card you would like to freeze. You will have the option to Report or Suspend your card. To freeze your card temporarily, you will select Suspend. Tap Suspend on the next screen to officially freeze your card. When your card has been located, you may Activate your card with your mobile app and return to using your debit card as usual.
Q: How do I turn off my debit card if it is lost or stolen?
A: Choose Preferences from your mobile menu, select Manage Cards, and tap on the debit card you would like to turn off. You will have the option to Report or Suspend your card. To deactivate your card permanently, you will tap Report. Tap Report on the next screen to permanently turn off your card. This cannot be reversed. You will need to come in to a branch for an Instant Issue debit card or call us at (800) 943-8488 to have a new card ordered.
Q. How do I activate my new debit card?
A: Choose Preferences from your mobile menu, select Manage Cards, and tap on the debit card you would like to activate. You will have the option to Activate or Report your card. Select Activate and tap Activate again on the next screen. Your debit card is now ready to use.
Q. How secure is this app?
A. Our mobile banking app is extremely secure. We use a variety of methods to ensure that all data is stored securely in our U.S.-based, world-class Tier-3 data centers.
You can rely on the same security measures that we use for online banking in our app. All of our services are fully redundant, which provides continuous and reliable service. This includes facilities, networking equipment and the servers that host our app. In addition, our data retention and business continuity plans as well as those of our service providers are comprehensive.
Q. How can I prevent others from using the mobile banking app on my phone?
A. Please keep your login information private. The SMB Mobile app is fully capable of using fingerprint login, which is the recommended method. Your SMBonline NetTeller ID and password will work as a backup.
Q. Who will see my bank information?
Q. Is this app safe to use over WI-Fi?
A. Yes, all data is sent over an encrypted connection.
Q. What happens if I lose my phone?
A. You can call us and we will disable your Mobile banking. You may also log into your NetTeller account on a computer and disable your mobile banking yourself if we are not available to help.
Your banking information is never stored on your phone, so if you lose your device, sell it, or trade it in your data doesn't go with it.
Q. What happens if I change my password in SMB NetTeller online banking?
A. If you update or change your online banking password, you will need to enter the new password when signing in to your app.
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender
©2019 Southwest Missouri Bank