Southwest Missouri Bank
Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions
Mobile Deposit is a service that allows you to use your mobile device and our banking app to capture original checks or other deposit items that meet our required standards (“Checks”) and electronically transmit images of the checks and associated deposit information to Southwest Missouri Bank ("Bank") for deposit to your designated account.
- Have a valid checking or savings account open at least 90 days
- Have a NetTeller account
A valid account may not:
- Have any overdrafts in the last 90 days
- Have had bounce protection with SMB revoked
- Have been a Fresh Start customer
- Have had more than two deposits returned in the last 12 months
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to use the service, you must have a compatible mobile device – iPhone, Android, or iPad – that can access the Internet along with a NetTeller Internet Banking account and our SMB Mobile banking app.
You agree to scan and deposit only “Checks” as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC.
You agree that you will not scan and deposit any of the following types of checks or other items which shall be considered ineligible items:
- Joint payee checks
- Travelers Checks drawn on banks located outside of the United States
- Checks not drawn on a U.S. bank
- Checks payable in a medium other than the U.S. Dollars
- Non-cash items
- Promissory notes and similar obligations, such as savings bonds
- Third party checks
- Checks that have been previously returned as unpaid or uncollected
- Checks greater than 180 days old
- Checks that contain erasures or have been altered
- Checks that require an authorization code to process (ESS, TChek, and Comchek, for example)
Business Day and Deposit Limits
Deposits received prior to 5 PM CST on a Business Banking Day (typically Monday – Friday excluding holidays) will be posted to that day’s business. Deposits received after 5 PM CST will be posted on the next business day. You may deposit up to three checks, totaling no more than $1,500 on any given Business Banking Day. You may deposit up to 10 checks totaling no more than $5,000 in any given month. Funds from mobile deposits are subject to the Funds Availability Policy and may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
Any check that you deposit must be endorsed with "Mobile Deposit Only" printed on the back followed by your signature. Checks deposited without the proper endorsement may be subject to return and a return deposit fee per your account agreement.
Storing and Destroying of Items
Upon your confirmation from SMB that we have received an image that you have transmitted, you agree to retain the check for at least 60 calendar days from the date of the image transmission. After 60 days, you agree to destroy all deposited checks as soon as reasonably possible. Cross cutting or using a paper shredder is strongly suggested.
In the event we determine that we require the original paper check for re-presentment in order to collect a returned check image or substitute check, you are responsible for providing to us the original paper check, or if the original paper check has been destroyed, for obtaining a replacement check.
You indemnify and hold the Bank, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, penalties, and expenses arising directly or indirectly:
- From any duplicate, fraudulent or unauthorized check, Check Image or Substitute Check or breach of representation of a check;
- For any loss caused by our acceptance or creation of a Check Image or Substitute Check instead of presentment of the original paper check;
You are liable for all transactions made or authorized with the use of your mobile device. You agree that if you fail to safeguard its security, you will be in violation of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions of Your Account. You agree to take appropriate steps to ensure that all components of your device are protected and kept confidential.
You agree that it is your responsibility to review all such information that the Bank makes available to you in a timely manner to verify that deposits made through the service have been received and accepted by the Bank and are accurate.
You agree to notify the Bank immediately of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the service, and in no event later than 30 days after the applicable SMB account statement is issued.
There is currently no charge for use of this service. We reserve the right to charge for this service upon proper notification to you or to cancel access to this service at any time.
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender
©2019 Southwest Missouri Bank